Tough Challenges Test Creativity
M-Audio tasked Nectar to produce a new ProjectMix I/O device that would bring computer-based studio and productions to the next level. Seamless integration with all major DAW software.
Nectar’s Success: Experience-/Process-based Solutions
- Nectar designed 10-bit, touch-sensitive, motorized faders for intuitive mixing and editing.
- Developed LCD display, full track, and parameter readout.
- Built-in 18 x 14 FireWire audio interface, no additional hardware required.
- Assignable rotary encoders, control mixes, effects, and synths.
- Eight phantom-powered mic/line preamps, pro input right on board, ADAT Lightpipe, S/PDIF, and word clock I/O, total digital connectivity.
- ProjectMix I/O combining the best of hardware and software for a new standard in streamlined production.
- Compatible with Pro Tools^, Ableton Live 5^, Logic**, Cubase**, Digital Performer**^ and SONAR**^.
- Dedicated transport controls and jog/scrub wheel for seamless session flow.
Positive Results Exceed Expectations
M-Audio found that much of the expense of other units on the market had a dizzying number of controls that many users found daunting. Nectar streamlined a design that places some functions under the control of the keyboard and mouse, where they’re best suited. The result is a controller that doesn’t have much of a learning curve, is much more intuitive to use, and comes in at an unbeatable price.