Tough Challenges Test Creativity
Integrated Medical Systems tasked Nectar to design/engineer an integrated patient care platform, a portable intensive care unit and surgical platform, providing resuscitation and stabilization capability through integrated sources of electrical power and oxygen.
Nectar’s Success: Experience-/Process-based Solutions
- The LSTAT lite integrates ventilator, physiological monitor, up to five infusion pump channels, and fluid warmer with a data storage and transmission system, unified control-and-display unit, and hot-swappable batteries.
- Additional medical devices can be added using the auxiliary device port and be controlled and displayed through the LSTAT.
- A USB port provides connectivity to an external printer and allows for a connection of a USB flash drive to download logged data.
- An Ethernet port allows for Local Area Network (LAN) connectivity.
- The unit accepts external sources of both electrical power and oxygen.
Positive Results Exceed Expectations
Nectar’s all-in-one solution, The Life Support for Trauma and Transport (LSTAT), an integrated, portable, patient care platform will help increase positive patient outcomes by decreasing mortality, morbidity, and disability by supporting continuity of care during patient treatment and movement, either pre-hospital, inter-hospital, or intra-hospital. Nectar’s multi-functional device integrates many vital tasks and programs:
- Ventilator and On-board Oxygen
- Fluid/Drug Infusion
- Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Patient Physiological Monitoring
- Data Logging with Communications Connectivity
- Sophisticated Power and System Data Management